Monday, December 20, 2010

A Very Interesting Discussion About Women's Football

Sourced from http://www.amandavandervort.com/blog/

Amanda Vandervort is well placed to speak about the game and some of her work is unique and thought provoking (and that really is saying something in Football!) - some of bio details read as follows: 

"I was a four-year scholarship goalkeeper for the University of Wyoming Cowgirls soccer team, from 1997-2000. I was selected team captain as a junior and senior, was voted the teams Most Inspirational Player in 1998, and earned the 2001 Pokes Strength Award. ....I studied Communications with a focus in Technology Education.....
In 2001, I moved east to work as the Grad Assistant Soccer Coach at The College of New Jersey, where I assisted with recruiting, scheduling, traveling, fund raising, and practice/game planning and coaching. We made it to the NCAA Elite Eight as Mid-Atlantic Regional Champions and NJAC Champions. Off the pitch, I earned my Master’s Degree in Educational Technology
.... From 2003-2007, I was the Head Women’s Soccer Coach at New York University, where I was responsible for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating all aspects of NCAA Division III varsity women’s soccer program including recruiting, scheduling, coaching, ordering equipment and hiring/supervising assistant coaches.
I’m currently on the NSCAA Board of Directors and work as the Chair of the NSCAA Women’s Committee. I hold my USSF B Coaching License and NSCAA Advanced National Diploma. .."

I found this interview on Women's Football (soccer) that I though you might find interesting listening.
The recording has been done over the internet on Skype, which explains a slight echo in the audio.

The Podcast provides the following information about the program:

"The leaders of the soccer conversation on WomenTalkSports.com got together on April 18, 2010 to discuss the state of womenâs soccer. We discussed the Womenâs Professional Soccer as a business, the upcoming 2010 season, the international and cultural influences on women's soccer, as well as differences in media coverage.

On the call were:
- Megan Hueter, WomenTalkSports cofounder
- Amanda Vandervort, web coordinator for Womenâs Pro Soccer and author of Soccer Science
- Jennifer Doyle, author of From a Left Wing
- Jenna Pel, author of All White Kit
- Jane Schonberger, WomenTalkSports cofounder/editorial lead, editor of PrettyTough.com"


Download the Podcast here:

No comments:

Post a Comment